Thursday, 29 May 2008
Whole Lemon Tart
The pastry i made last time was to be used for a Whole Lemon Tart but i made way too much so i also froze two balls and used the last of it for a traditional English Custard Tart which ill post soon.
I wanted something summery as the weather was meant to be nice again and so i didn't want anything too heavy. Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse but the tart was still great.
1 Partially baked 9 inch tart shell (from the last post)
1 Lemon (around 130g)
1 Large egg
1 Egg yolk
1 1/2 tbsp conflour
115g unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
1. Preheat oven to 165c and place your tart shell on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. slice lemon into small pieces and remove the seeds. place lemon and sugar into food processor and blend until thoroughly pureed.
3. Using a whisk gently stir in the egg cornflour and butter.
4. Pour filling into the crust.
5. place in oven and bake for 20 mins then increase temperature to 180c for a further 15-20 mins until the filling is bubbling and slightly coloured. leave in the pan for 20 mins and serve when at room temp.
I served this the same day but the little that was left was still good the next. I served it with creme fraiche which worked really well but a raspberry sauce would have gone great i think.